Although we refer to the two courses as having separate clubhouses they are, in fact, both part of the same building. The rambling Old Course clubhouse may look somewhat austere perched halfway up its hill but is where members traditionally meet and is a great place of fun. The adjoining West Course clubhouse, opened in 2004, provides separate changing rooms, bar and dining-room seating for up to 80 people.
The original clubhouse was built in 1893, using local brick and clay tiles with tall distinctive chimneystacks. The views from the building, in all directions over the forest, are magnificent. The dining-room is a lovely south-facing room with a bay window that overlooks the Old Course; however the best room is undoubtedly the main drawing-room. This is a splendid, lofty room facing East and South, with a balcony commanding views of the first and last holes where members gather to watch matches conclude.
What was originally the ladies’ lounge was added in the 1920’s as a more intimate space for smaller parties, together with the men’s bar, which is now used as the club’s spike bar and is where most players congregate after a round.
We accept lunch and dinner bookings from members or groups introduced to the club by a member. We’ve hosted the likes of the local Rotary Club or Chamber of Commerce. Please contact us for more information.